Melafoam is a kind of low density, open-cell, flexible foam made of melamine resin, a thermo set polymer. With its outstanding flame resistance, heat insulation and soundproofing, it can be broadly applied in any area that needs sound absorbing, noise controlling and heat insulating such as construction, industry, transportation, aviation, machinery etc. Melafoam stays flexible at low temperatures and has a excellent abrasive characteristics.
Main 6 characteristics of the product
1. High flame resistance. Tested to CN tandard GB 8624-2006/B-s2, d0, t2 level (equal to German DIN 4102 B1 level and Americas UL 94-96V-0 level) in flame proofing without any flame proofing agents. When subjected to open flame, it will form a layer of coke on the surface obstructing continued burning producing no liquid or poisonous gas or smoke. Melafoam will self extinguish.
The following test are also passed
Bs6853: 1999 BS6853: 1999 Code of practice for fire precautions in the design and construction of passenger carrying trains-passenger train design and construct fire general specification
British Standard BS6853 will be based on end-use products (such as the vertical surface of the car, up the level of the surface, and so on) the adoption of the following Characteristics of the test assessment:
BS 476-6: Fire tests on building materials and structures Method of test for fire propagation for products fire spread product testing methods
BS 476-7: Fire tests on building materials and structures - Methods of test to determine the classification of the surface spread of flame of products product extension of the flame on the surface to determine the level of testing Annex B: Toxic smoke weighted sum of R
Annex D: Measurement of the concentration of smoke
2. High sound absorption. With 95% open-cell, sound waves can easily enter the inner part of the Melafoam and absorbed in the vibration of the fiber net. Re-radiation is also prevented.
3. Good heat insulation. The 3D fiber grid net construction of Melafoam effectively blocks heat transmitting air movement, due to its 95% open-cell properties.
4. High resistance of high temperature. Suitable for long-term working in 200-240 Celsius. No breaking down or deformation under 400 Celsius.
5. Low density. The density of the product is 4-12kg per cubic meter; The lightest foam plastic available.
6. Safe, hygienic, and non-poisonous. Stable formation and chemical construction has special chemical stabilization properties. Melafoam can be applied to all interior applications including commercial, industrial, transportation and domestic.