Melafoam is a kind of low density, open-cell, flexible foam made of melamine resin, a thermo set polymer. With its outstanding flame resistance, heat insulation and soundproofing, it can be broadly applied in any area that needs sound absorbing, noise controlling and heat insulating such as construction, industry, transportation, aviation, machinery etc. Melafoam stays flexible at low temperatures and has a excellent abrasive characteristics.
Main 6 characteristics of the product
1. High flame resistance. Tested to CN tandard GB 8624-2006/B-s2, d0, t2 level (equal to German DIN 4102 B1 level and Americas UL 94-96V-0 level) in flame proofing without any flame proofing agents. When subjected to open flame, it will form a layer of coke on the surface obstructing continued burning producing no liquid or poisonous gas or smoke. Melafoam will self extinguish.
2. High sound absorption. With 95% open-cell, sound waves can easily enter the inner part of the Melafoam and absorbed in the vibration of the fiber net. Re-radiation is also prevented.
3. Good heat insulation. The 3D fiber grid net construction of Melafoam effectively blocks heat transmitting air movement, due to its 95% open-cell properties.
4. High resistance of high temperature. Suitable for long-term working in 200-240 Celsius. No breaking down or deformation under 400 Celsius.
5. Low density. The density of the product is 4-12kg per cubic meter; The lightest foam plastic available.
6. Safe, hygienic, and non-poisonous. Stable formation and chemical construction has special chemical stabilization properties. Melafoam can be applied to all interior applications including commercial, industrial, transportation and domestic.